Friday, November 30, 2012

Sorry for being a bit MIA lately and not posting very consistently but Holidays are a rather crazy time for me... Mostly because I have a addiction. Yes it is time to be honest, I realize I have a problem but I don't think rehab is the answer for me. My addiction is... Christmas decorating. Yes, I am obsessed with  decorating. I deck the halls and don't stop there, the windows, the walls, the cabinets, the chairs, the doors, the floors, the gates, the garage, the fence, the bushes, the benches, I mean seriously everything is decked. I began decorating Saturday and the house isn't remotely done. My parents are still tripping over loose ornaments and garland, Sorry family. Yesterday I hung almost 200 feet of christmas lights. They looked fantastic around the fence separating our yard from the rest of the property. So, me being a complete air head did not test them and when I plugged them in for the big reveal later in the night... Nothing. I also blew a few fuses with my candy canes in the yard.


My ohhh sooo chic light hanging outfit, Texas A&M santa hat and all!

So needless to say, my decorations have a long ways to come. However, I did get all the candles in the house change to Christmas ones, and the fire place in the family room is nearly done and my biggest accomplishment is I finished putting up the Waterford tree. This tree is actually fake because all the ornaments are waterford crystal so we had to have a sturdier tree. This tradition started before I was born and my dad bought the Partridge and a Pear tree then the next year it was two turtle doves and so forth. About five years ago we got the twelve (what one is that, drummers drumming?) And were done so it was a moment where we weren't sure what to do for our ornament tradition. Well, now we buy the goofiest ornament we can find and create a silly little story to go with it. Last year was an awkward owl that was always picked on by the other ornaments because he had special powers? Oh don't ask, my family is a little... strange to say the least. Cheep goofy ornaments may not be as fancy as Waterford but at least now I don't have to worry about them breaking when my cat tries to crawl up the tree because the Waterfords have their own tree fair out of her reach. I am actually excited to be able to share the stories (all saved on my laptop of course, hopefully Alice the Apple doesn't die any time soon!) with my kids one day.


This is my favorite set, the lords a-leaping

Today was the first day back to school after fall break and we have four entire weeks of school until Christmas break... That is a legal form of torture. After winter break we have finals and then track starts. It seems like this year is going be super fast which honestly scares me a little. I'll put up an OOTD soon I promise, I just haven't really been dressing worthy, let me tell you AP world history and Chemistry really takes it out of you. Thursday after class I'm meeting with friends in public (Emphasis on public, if we were going to be at my house I would be in PJs... I am really lazy sometimes) so I will have to look at least presentable. I'll try to post one then! 

Have a splendid week loves, and think, Monday is already over!

Love, 

Girl in the Green Breeches



P.S. What are some of your family traditions?

P.P.S Oh my sorry this took so long for me to post! I wrote it on Monday and since we got a new internet company there have been a few... kinks to work through to say the least. I'll be doing a "traditions" and DIY door decorations posts soon! 

4 comments:

  1. Your house is lovely! I know what you mean about going crazy with decorations. I do the same thing at our house. My blog address has changed, by the way. It is now: www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com.
    I know, very long. But, I won't be changing it again, so there is a bright side to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: Decorating is something I really have gotten into, glad I'm not alone on this one. I love your new blog address, very cute!

      Delete
  2. Just stumbled on your blog via wardrobe-wanderlust - hey :) I love your 12 days of Christmas ornaments - they're beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for checking my blog out! I appreciate it so much!

      GITGB

      Delete